AN UNTOLD PART OF HISTORY THAT INCLUDES:
• A Compelling Story of Competing Wireless Innovators
• Secret Codes & International Espionage
• A Love Story - Historic Tragedy - World-Changing Events
THE BATTLE TO REACH 4000 MILES
TOOK PLACE IN LESS THAN 60...
LONG ISLAND, NY- Radio pioneers Nikola Tesla and Guglielmo Marconi competed to reach across the Atlantic Ocean with their new technologies. Also competing was the wireless station called Telefunken, a mysterious German-owned concern. This little-known station, which was the only one to consistently reach Europe, had not only an integral part in the development of the medium, but also a historic role in the United State's entry into World War I.
Hidden secrets, subterfuge and a legendary ship sinking were all part of the amazing, yet little-known Telefunken story... a story linked together by invisible threads.
A WWI American Propaganda Poster
• Will Explain the role Tesla & Marconi played in Telefunken
• Will detail the origin and operation of the station
• Will distinguish between modern radio & early wireless
• Will expose the German Spy Ring and their hostile actions
• Will describe the backlash against German Americans
• Will show how & why the Lusitania was sunk
• Will tell how an unexpected love story complicated matters
• Will demonstrate how the coded messages were sent
• Will show how an amateur enthusiast stopped the plot
• Will detail how Telefunken led the U.S into war